The LessThanWagonLoad project has the objective to develop a smart specialised logistics cluster for the chemical industry in the Port of Antwerp in order to shift transport volumes from road to rail freight.
Research institutes, technology suppliers, freight operators and the chemical industry join their forces to realise this objective by developing:
- a new rail transport solution for single pallets: Less Than Wagon Load’
- new added value rail freight services for the industry within the Antwerp chemical cluster.
These potential new services consist of parking, repair, picking and cleaning for chemical wagons, rail connected cross docking of pallets and improved rail connections by setting up mixed trains with conventional, continental and maritime container volumes.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 723274.
On September 15th 2020 the project presented its conclusions in the presence of sector representatives, local and national policy makers.
- Advisory board meeting: 29th November 2019, Boxtel/Tilburg
- General assembly: 21-22 January 2019, Antwerp
The project partners have produced various outputsRead more
- Demo Automated Wagon Loading System, November 2019
- Final project conference, Antwerp, 15 September 2020